Cognitive Automation - Intelligent Operations by Digital Workforce
Cognitive automation is about automating knowledge work. With cognitive automation, companies are automating from simple, rule based tasks to complex tasks that will interpret un-structured data, derive patterns and make judgements. The cognitive solutions and tools leverage the diverse technologies like machine learning, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), natural language processing, chatbots, image recognition, speech to text and so on.
There is a huge automation potential especially in the areas of banking and financial services, manufacturing, public sector, healthcare, welfare and telecom. Examples of automation landscape for finance, HR, procurement and IT operations processes:
Cognitive Automation benefits
Based on our experiences, there is million hours of cost savings on automating repetitive tasks in the areas of infrastructure management, application services and business process automation.
Robots work 24/7/365 and make no human mistakes. In many cases process efficiency can be improved rather easily up 15% - 30%.
How Tieto can support your cognitive automation journey?
Today we work with dozens of Nordic companies on their cognitive automation journey. Many of them initially focus first on Robotic Process Automation and gradually build the path for increased intelligence and more cognitive approach.
We also leverage our experiences using RPA in automating our own financial processes, IT service management and application operation workflows.
Our Cognitive Automation service portfolio contains:
- Identify automation business use cases based on business process assessment.
- Support proof of value studies
- Target reference architecture recommendation
- PoCs and pilots (machine learning, RPA, natural language processing, chatbots, image recognition)
- Cognitive Automation Center of Excellence establishment and governance
- Uses Tieto/customer preferred technology vendors from automation eco-system (UiPath, Blue Prism)
- Cognitive automation tools and implementation frameworks
- Standard delivery methodology
- Delivery in sprints
- Release planning and management
- Control center and continuous operational support
- Change management - what changes when level of automation increases
- Continuous improvement in existing automated processes
- Monitoring of automated processes
- Strong Cognitive Automation Center of Excellence
- Proven methodology / framework for automation
- Expertise in managing complete robots lifecycle
- Business process expertise across domains such as manufacturing, retail, banking, payments, pension, insurance, telecom, healthcare and welfare
- Diverse technology expertise network partners like NeoOps on Blue Prism Robotic Process Automation software, UiPath Robotic Process Automation software