Stockholm, Luleå, Skellefteå
Application and Product Development
05 July 2019 - 30 August 2019
Are you looking for a career with a company that both challenges and cares? Welcome to Tieto. We are committed to developing enterprises and society through information technology. We believe in openness, independent thinking and in giving our people the freedom to be their exceptional selves.
Tieto Education develops and provides software products, solutions and IT-Services for schools in Sweden, Finland and Norway, covering all areas from pre-school to upper secondary school. We have a strong market position in all countries where we operate. We are IT and Education specialists with the purpose of supporting school leaders, educators, students and parents to effectively use modern IT to create a stimulating and effective environment for learning. High-quality education is critical for the future success of our societies.
With us you will be responsible for
As Head of Architecture and Technology, you will be responsible for Business Unit Education long-term technology strategy based on market needs and competences. You will be the Unit Education thought leader in technology by monitoring the market changes to discover competitive advantages for business. You will facilitate technology and architecture decisions cross the Unit. Head of Architecture and Technology works as a member of Business Unit Education leadership team and reports to Head of Business Unit Education.
Your key tasks will include:
- Define long term architecture and technology strategy and align it with business strategy
- Guides and coaches Product Development and Product Management in architecture and technology topics by actively providing ideas and insights
- Works closely with HWE Product Development and Product Management functions by networking closely with peers to foster team work in Industry Software and in Tieto
- Ownership of SA Education technology strategy and roadmap
- Thought leadership internally and externally in technology related topics
We expect you to have
You are the ideal candidate for this position if you have a strong drive combined with a proactive way of working. You have excellent problem-solving skills and capability to make elevated level abstractions and detailed models. Your interpersonal skills are of utmost importance.
In addition, we expect you to have
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior SW Development positions
- Proven leadership skills. You have the capacity to challenge and inspire people and coach a team.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate proactively across the whole organisation, building networks, also outside Business Unit Education
- Experience from agile SW development including knowledge on environments and technical tools
- Strong business and customer orientation
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
As a person you are
You are an engaged and open-minded team player with excellent communication skills. You are proactive and service-minded in your work, distinctly self-motivated and have the confidence to take on full product responsibility. This allows you to hit the ground running and reach your highest potential with us.
Also, your ability to influence and collaborate makes you a natural change agent and thought leader. You lead by example and enjoy challenging and inspiring people. This allows you to take advantage of the freedom and opportunities you’ll be offered.
We offer you the chance to make a difference. With us you will be at the forefront of emerging businesses and technology, exchanging ideas with the best professionals. You will cooperate with colleagues in an international and evolving working environment and increase your knowledge in a variety of areas.
We offer you a challenging position with great opportunities for professional growth. With us you will have the opportunity to directly influence your career development. If you have an innovative idea, people will listen to you. We believe that trust fosters freedom and creativity. Our culture is built on transparency and active sharing – a truly open environment.
Contact for this job
Did we get you inspired? We look forward to hearing from you! Send us your application through www.tieto.com/careers no later than 31h of August 2019. For additional information please contact Lars Åström, Head of Education by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.