Industry 4.0 Innovation in practice
Mondi creates products and services that are more innovative than one would expect. The company strives for increased efficiency and state-of the-art technology in order to develop and market its smart products. This is why Mondi is working with strategic partners, customers, suppliers and research institutes to anticipate new technologies and offer cutting edge products and services.
Mondi is an international packaging and paper Group, employing around 25,000 people across more than 30 countries.
- The ongoing upgrade of production facilities and technological improvements are strategic areas of Mondi Syktyvkar’s development, says Klaus Peller, Managing Director in Mondi.
- Mondi Syktyvkar is 100% integrated, hence has a complex production cycle from harvesting to delivering finished goods – paper, board and pulp – to our customers. Innovations such as HMI³ from Tieto support efficient management of all processes, Peller says.
The introduction of smart technical solutions helps the company to further improve the satisfaction of its customers through the high quality of goods produced and a reliable supply chain – being in touch with customer needs every day.
In this customer case you will learn:
- How Mondi secures its long-term position as market and cost leader using a highly innovative Industry 4.0 solution with HMI³ from Tieto at its core.
- How Mondi Syktyvkar optimizes and controls the wood2paper value chain using the intelligent, internationally exemplary linking of all systems.
- How the whole production process is virtualized using data analytics, big data and cognitive intelligence.
- How this makes Mondi Syktyvkar a showcase example of an intelligently networked manufacturing business as described by the industry association CEPI and consulting firm McKinsey.