Connected car and traffic
Connected car R&D at Tieto
Automotive industry is passing through multiple disruptive technology transformations. Cars in all segments are getting embedded connectivity. Drivetrains are year-by-year becoming more electrified. Collaborative and intelligent traffic systems are enabling new kind of safety and efficiency. In-car user experience is growing into full blown connected multimedia experience as more powerful computing and bigger screens and in-car connectivity are powering new content consumption and work scenarios on the road. Vehicle positioning and sensor technologies are becoming more accurate and more reliable enabling more autonomous driving features in versatile environments.
We at Tieto are :
- Providing R&D consultation and project services to automotive industry OEM and Tier-1 customers,
- Developing reliable and automotive grade software building blocks for boosting the digitalization and -electrification of the vehicles
We are providing R&D services in the following areas:
HMI and cockpit platform enablement
- Cockpit HMI user experience and application: Instrument cluster, vehicle setting, ADAS, multimedia, telephony
- Platform adaptation: HW adaptation and drivers, ECU/MCU integrations
- Middleware software: Graphics pipeline optimization, multimedia content management, connectivity integration
- Testing and test automation: SPICE compliant test management and process consultation, test planning and execution - and ISO 26262 ASIL compliant development and quality assurance
- Car-device technology to cockpit platform
- Apple Carplay
- Integration to cockpit platform, optimization and testing
In-car wireless connectivity
- Wifi drivers and platform adaptation
- Bluetooth(R) OS stack integration and customization
- Bluetooth(R) profiles: Classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth(R) Smart(™) profiles and application development
- Wifi applications e.g. client and hotspot
- Cellular modem integration, testing and pre-certification (GCF)
- Pre-certification (Bluetooth SIG, Wifi alliance) and testing
In-car networks and sensors
- CAN-, LIN- networking and ECU/MCU integrations
- BroadRrReach compliant in-car ethernet networking solutions and applications
V2X and ADAS
- V2V application development
- V2I C-ITS client feature development
- Commsignia V2X stack integration
- ITS G5 testing and pre-certification
Location and cloud
- Location based applications and C-ITS contextual information service development
- Tieto connect application development and hosting
- Third party service integration
Partners and alliances
Tieto is a member of various industry alliances and has established tight collaboration memberships with various leading technology companies.
Rightware® is the market leader in advanced user interface technology, serving the automotive and other embedded industries with its Kanzi® software for rapid user interface design and deployment.
Qt is a C++ based framework of libraries and tools that enables the development of powerful, interactive and cross-platform applications and devices. Qt’s support for multiple desktop, embedded and mobile operating systems allows developers to save significant time related to application and device development by simply reusing one code.
The OPEN Alliance SIG drives wide scale adoption of Ethernet connectivity as the standard in automotive networking applications. OPEN is a non-profit industry alliance of mainly automotive industry and technology providers collaborating to provide the specifications and infrastructure needed for wide-scale adoption of Ethernet in the automotive industry.
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) is the body that oversees the development of Bluetooth standards and the licensing of the Bluetooth technologies and trademarks to manufacturers. The SIG is a not-for-profit, non-stock corporation founded in September 1998. The SIG is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington. The SIG has local offices in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, and Malmö.
Wi-Fi Alliance® is a global non-profit industry association – our members are the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. The members of our collaboration forum come from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem and share a common vision of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
Link Motion is an optimized software and hardware in-vehicle platform, in which everything is controlled by just one computer. The core benefits of the platform are optimization, cost-efficiency and security.