Database platform as a service
Scalability and flexibility
Many companies are either considering, investigating or executing consolidation of their databases. Through consolidation, the aim is to achieve cost reductions (especially in license costs), gain virtualization benefits, have a unified governance model and benefit from a standardized and centralized solution. Scalability and flexibility are essential in changing business environments.
Database PaaS by Tieto
The Tieto Database PaaS secures the availability and performance of the databases and offers expert support related to the service. It offers a technically suitable platform for all needed environments, production, test and development.
Tieto services are delivered as private PaaS model to guarantee customers’ data security.
The optimal usability of the database is obtained by specifying and choosing the correct configuration and capacity unit of each instance. The size and growth of the database is monitored constantly and trends are recognized for planning the capacity. The operations are automated in an advanced way.
Today we support the following database technologies:
- Microsoft SQL
- IBM DB2
The service includes:
- Operational infrastructure services needed to run the selected database platforms
- Needed hardware capacity to run services
- Database platform common maintenance actions and road map for lifecycle management activities
- Database licenses
How can you benefit?
The business benefits Tieto's solution brings are many:
- Pay as you use: No investments in hardware or technical expertise. Horizontal and vertical scaling possible.
- Standardized implementations and operations: Tested environments, ready models for implementations and operations
- No need for own in-house knowledge and expertise: Experienced service professionals, dedicated migration project expert team
- Improved quality: Competences, operational processes and tools in place, 24/7 high availability services
- Reduced costs: Consolidation, standardization and volume benefits.